This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

removing adblock from a site

boomer1

06 Sep, 2015 02:06 PM

i have read the directions on how exempt a website from ad blocking, but how do I get to that view that allows me to say "remove ad block from this site"?

1. boomer1 closed this discussion on 06 Sep, 2015 02:08 PM.

2. boomer1 re-opened this discussion on 06 Sep, 2015 02:11 PM

3. 1 Posted by boomer1 on 06 Sep, 2015 02:11 PM

Why is my account not showing? I am not allowed to sign in and I was required to prove I was human. I sent money when I signed up and got a “thank you” but that does no good if I can’t even control the account. I will have to stop payment on my credit card if this is not resolved and I am able to use the account, including removing ad-block when I wish to on certain web pages.
    Warm regards,

"Nature is inexorable. If men do not follow the truth they cannot live."
    -- Calvin Coolidge
    (1873-1933), 30th US President

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Rhana on 08 Sep, 2015 05:13 PM

Hi boomer1,

First, thank you for your payment! The way our current support system works, you don't have an actual account. Providing an email address just allows us to reply to you by email. I know, it's confusing. We're in the process of moving to a new system which should help (no pun intended).

To whitelist a site, while on the site click the AdBlock button and select either Don't run on this page or Don't run on pages on this domain.

I hope this helps!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

5. 3 Posted by boomer1 on 09 Sep, 2015 01:14 PM

I don’t have an AdBlock button; I only have a button that looks like a globe that says “Adblock when I push it. But it doesn’t come up with anything that give me a choice on the site that I am on. How do I get this adblock button?
    Warm regards,
    Sharon

"As long as you live, keep learning how to live."
    -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
    (4 B.C.-A.D. 65) Roman Stoic philosopher, statesman, dramatist

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Rhana on 09 Sep, 2015 03:57 PM

Hi Sharon,

It looks as if you don't actually have AdBlock installed. Our button looks like a white hand inside a red stop sign, and it sits in your browser's extensions bar.

Can you please type chrome://extensions in the address bar and check whether AdBlock (with that logo) is listed?

Rhana

7. 5 Posted by boomer1 on 10 Sep, 2015 02:10 AM

Okay, Rhana, this is what I have.
    I have a globe button that when I press it says “AdBlock” and this is the website it gives me:
    https://extensions.apple.com/home/images/ext-icons/adblock_20101221.png <https://extensions.apple.com/home/images/ext-icons/adblock_20101221.png>

But when I put the chrome extension address in I get nothing.

Warm regards,
    Sharon

“A problem is a chance to do one’s best”
    -Duke Ellington, American jazz musician

8. 6 Posted by boomer1 on 10 Sep, 2015 08:07 AM

AdBlock is working on my site because it is blocking ads in Safari, but I cannot seem to get the logo downloaded. I tried to reload the app but you asked for more money and I already sent money to the creator and also someone else who asked me for money so I don’t think I should have to pay again.
    Warm regards,
    Sharon

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." - Oprah Winfrey

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Rhana on 10 Sep, 2015 03:52 PM

Hi Sharon,

First, thank you for your payments, but you definitely don't need to pay again! Any time you need to reinstall AdBlock, just go ahead and close that payment page.

I'm just not seeing a globe button in Safari. Can you please attach a screenshot that shows your entire browser window?

Rhana

10. 8 Posted by boomer1 on 10 Sep, 2015 04:04 PM

Thanks for all your help Rhana; I now have the little icon and it seems to be working for me and I am able to disable it for some sites. Thanks again.
    Warm regards,
    Sharon

Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...

11. Support Staff 9 Posted by Rhana on 10 Sep, 2015 04:05 PM

Hi Sharon,

Ah, glad all is well! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions for AdBlock.

Rhana

12. Rhana closed this discussion on 10 Sep, 2015 04:05 PM.

13. boomer1 re-opened this discussion on 15 Sep, 2015 04:12 PM

14. 10 Posted by boomer1 on 15 Sep, 2015 04:12 PM

I am still not able to undo the blocking on websites. It comes up on the website with the photo of the adblock website and I push the “ADT” button and it come up say this site is blocked and I push the do not block but the popup saying it is blocked does NOT disappear. What to do?
    Warm regards,
    Sharon

"Give to every human being
    every right that you claim for yourself."
    -- Robert G. Ingersoll
    (1833-1899) American political leader, orator

15. Support Staff 11 Posted by Rhana on 15 Sep, 2015 08:07 PM

Hi Sharon,

AdBlock doesn't have an "ADT" button. Are you perhaps referring to an "ABP" button?

At this point it's probably easiest if you can attach a couple of screenshots that show what you're seeing. Please be sure to capture the entire browser window.

Rhana

16. 12 Posted by boomer1 on 16 Sep, 2015 01:50 PM

This is what comes up on the website:
    AdBlock detected

Hello boomer1,

Our site and service are 100% free. To keep it that way, we display a few banners that help keep us afloat. Using AdBlock denies us this and reduces our ability to create new content for our members. Please turn off your AdBlock when entering our site.

Then I push the “ABP” button and get this:

Disabled on this site
     Ads blocked
    0 on this page
    2188 in total
    Share this number

Show number in icon
     Options

So I push the enabled button and it changes to disabled for this site, but nothing happens and the ads are still gone as well as the warning is still there.

Warm regards,
    Sharon
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
    Carl Sagan <https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/carl_sagan.html>

17. Support Staff 13 Posted by Rhana on 18 Sep, 2015 07:39 PM

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the additional information. You have Adblock Plus (ABP), not AdBlock. ABP is an entirely separate, unrelated product developed by a different company. (Why the names are so similar is an interesting bit of Web history.)

You can reach ABP at adblockplus.org. :)

Rhana

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac