This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Mac Keeper is tricky..

mstyles

21 Sep, 2015 10:26 AM

Mac Keeper is hard to get rid of. I believe it leaves behind an app somewhere which will rebuild it, if you manage to delete it..

I was plagued with it last year.. Using regular adblock.. It would still show up.. I think I caught it from watching Youtube videos (not sure).

I'm sorry I can't remember how I finally got rid of it.. I may have used Mac recovery drive, then did a fresh OS X re-install.. Don't worry it leaves you browser cookies, passwords intact.. Nothing else on OS drive is disrupted. except Mac begins to work as it should again.

There should be a law that cookies have the name of product or site in them. Cause a lot of them are impossible to decipher who they belong too.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 21 Sep, 2015 02:02 PM

Hi mstyles,

The easiest, least destructive way to get rid of MacKeeper is to follow the instructions in Malwaretips.com's guide to removing Ads by MacKeeper. Hopefully you won't need to use them again, but keep them handy just in case!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. Rhana closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2015 02:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac