This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Less Support, Please?

Kathy

22 Sep, 2015 03:21 AM

At the recommendation of friends, I downloaded AdBlocker. Then found it was payware "honor system" and not entirely freeware. Okay, so I paid. Not that I was having a horrible time with ads, but I figured even more support with seeing less ads would be nice. Nice to help a man feed his family, etc. Now I am getting unrequested "support" messages from AdBlocker itself, still with a "payment request" form at the bottom, which seems to be to be more intrusive than any of the many ads it says it has been blocking for me. Lovely. I switch my concern about ads, to now a paid concern about AdBlocker just popping up anytime IT wants to?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Guess that's as many ads you have blocked, too many to count. Please tell me how to stop unwanted support messages? Pretty Please? Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 22 Sep, 2015 02:58 PM

Hi Kathy,

First, thank you for your support, we do appreciate it! AdBlock definitely shouldn't do that, even if you had chosen not to pay. If the payment page is appearing every time you open Chrome, AdBlock's settings somehow keep getting reset. Here are two common reasons why this might happen:

• Do you use a disk or file cleaning program such as Ccleaner? If so, make sure it doesn't remove localStorage files or other browser-related files, because it might be deleting AdBlock's settings.
    • Your Chrome profile might have become corrupted. First, try reinstalling AdBlock. You will see the payment page once. If you see it more than once, try creating a new Chrome profile and let us know if that changes anything.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. 2 Posted by Kathy Custren on 22 Sep, 2015 03:43 PM

Hi, Rhana - I use Chrome as a browser on both PC and MAC devices. Does this mean I must "create a new Chrome profile" for each type of device? Sounds like yet more work, to me. Thanks! 

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:58 AM, Rhana <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv6686296717 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv6686296717 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 22 Sep, 2015 04:43 PM

Hi Kathy,

No, let's keep the work to a minimum in the troubleshooting phase. Just try it on one computer and let's see if it helps.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac