This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Adblock not working on Youtube

Jason

20 Sep, 2014 06:23 PM

Hello. Using Chrome, good old regular Chrome. And Adblock! And I've started getting ads on Youtube again. All French ads. That's not the issue is it? I added the french language list to see if it'd help, but it didn't....

What can I do? :(

1. 1 Posted by Sined on 20 Sep, 2014 08:25 PM

Same problem for me :/

2. 2 Posted by ES44C4 on 20 Sep, 2014 08:33 PM

I have a similar problem. I'm using Chrome with Adblock Plus, and every time I try to watch a video on Youtube, these blank advertisement place holders that say "ads by CouponDropDown" appear all over the screen. There also is occasionally a blank video ad which stops the video for 10 seconds. All of these have the option to be closed, but they're extremely annoying. I wonder how to get rid of this problem?

3. 3 Posted by Roland H on 20 Sep, 2014 09:33 PM

HEY . Your feature worked for about a week or two then stopped . that was a year or so ago . Then would work then not , throughout the year Do you need money because I want gurantees Youtube
    adds keep coming through . Pop ups too . This is about youtube . Does not matter what language . I 'm really sick of the ads . SometimesI keep loading the extentions [ 30 now ]
    works for a really short while then the ads pop up . Can you explain ? Please . Then after I load up adblock and go to youtube , no connection to the video no nothing
    ,just the heading at the top . Nothing happens until I click pause adblock the a
    fukin ad........

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Neelfyn on 20 Sep, 2014 10:23 PM

Hi all,

Could you please create separate discussions for your issues, unless you are experiencing the same issue as Jason (French ads on YouTube)?

Jason — could you please provide a screenshot of the ads you're seeing?

ES44C4 — your issue is definitely caused by malware on your computer. You can find more details here.

5. 5 Posted by Jason on 21 Sep, 2014 12:09 AM

I'll be back when the next one hits.

I can't seem to replicate it now. It's not every time. I don't know how often Youtube ads are supposed to hit but it's probably one or two a day that these are creeping through!

I'll post a reply when I have a screenshot. :) Last one was for rogers cell phone service, I think.

6. 6 Posted by Jason on 21 Sep, 2014 07:50 PM

And here I am!!

Here's the ad I just got!

7. 7 Posted by Jason on 22 Sep, 2014 04:33 AM

Got another just now!

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Neelfyn on 22 Sep, 2014 05:34 PM

Hi Jason,

Could you please go to AdBlock button -> Options -> SUPPORT -> "Have our team requested some debug info?" and paste it into this discussion?

9. 9 Posted by Jason on 24 Sep, 2014 11:47 PM

Sure thing! I just got another. This ad wasn't in french, and it seems to be an ad for Google Partner. :P

==== Filter Lists ====
    adblock_custom
    easylist
    easylist_plus_french

==== Custom Filters ====

==== Settings ====
    debug_logging: false
    youtube_channel_whitelist: false
    show_google_search_text_ads: false
    whitelist_hulu_ads: false
    show_context_menu_items: true
    show_advanced_options: true
    display_stats: true
    show_block_counts_help_link: false

==== Other info: ====
    AdBlock version number: 2.7.13
    Total pings: 35
    UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3 WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.120 Safari/537.36

10. 10 Posted by haxy on 12 Dec, 2014 11:09 PM

Just started getting french ads on youtube this morning
    sent report
    https://reports.adblockplus.org/b7472e23-7338-4299-8b75-5e795153c81...

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Neelfyn on 17 Dec, 2014 09:37 PM

haxy — This is AdBlock, an unrelated project to Adblock Plus (ABP). For more info see this page. If you'd like to contact ABP, take a look at adblockplus.org.

12. Neelfyn closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2014 09:37 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac