This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

AdBlock only works after refreshing page

Ed Ludlow

29 Oct, 2013 12:40 PM

Hi there.

Recently installed AdBlock on Safari after migrating from FF to Safari. It's almost working fine..! If I view a page with loads of ads I've previously blocked, they show. However, if I refresh the page, they get block. If I then open that page in a new tab, ads are showing again...until I refresh the page.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Tomáš on 29 Oct, 2013 02:29 PM

Hi Ed,

In Safari 6.1 and 7, Safari sometimes pre-loads pages before the user sees them. The way in which this is done does not give AdBlock the opportunity to block ads on those pages. Apple did not intend to cause problems for AdBlock and is working with us to fix the issue. Once the Safari team has fixed their part of the issue, we will be able to update our code to work with preloaded pages.

So we can do nothing with this bug now, we are still waiting for Safari team until this bug will be fixed.

Tomáš

2. 2 Posted by Edward Ludlow on 29 Oct, 2013 03:02 PM

That’s great, thanks for the clear response. Glad to know it’s not something I’ve done…!

Many thanks,
    Ed

3. 3 Posted by Tomáš on 29 Oct, 2013 03:19 PM

You are welcome! :)

4. Tomáš closed this discussion on 29 Oct, 2013 03:19 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac