This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Safari adblock still downloading ads (and often loaded them on first page load)

Adam

10 Nov, 2013 09:32 PM

Very foten when I view a page, ads still not only download but are visible. I hit reload and the ads are blocked after. I'm finding very often on first page load I have to hit refresh every time to get rid of ads. Basically, it seems to only block cached ads but shows them if they are not cached. This is on 10.9 with safari 7.0. Speed up turned off. In general the downloading has always been a probelm, adblock has never stopped that for me, but the failure to hide them on first load is recent with safari 7.0 and OS X 10.9.

Other extensions are click2flash, Ninjakit, Social Fixer.

1. 1 Posted by Kieran on 10 Nov, 2013 09:36 PM

In Safari 6.1 and 7, Safari sometimes pre-loads pages before the user sees them. The way in which this is done does not give AdBlock the opportunity to block ads on those pages. Apple did not intend to cause problems for AdBlock and is working with us to fix the issue. Once the Safari team has fixed their part of the issue, we will be able to update our code to work with preloaded pages.

2. Kieran closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2013 09:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac