This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

GOOGLE CHROME FUCKING POP UP ADS.

James Dean

27 Jan, 2015 02:42 PM

GUYS PLEASE BLOCK THESE DAMN POP UP IN A NEW TAB ADS, THEY ARE DRIVING ME INSANE.

SITES WHERE YOU GO TO WATCH NEW FILMS LIKE PUTLOCKER OR movstation etc..

FOR EXAMPLE THIS:

http://putlocker.is/watch-need-for-speed-online-free-putlocker.html

AND THIS : http://putlocker.mn/watch-american-sniper-2015-online-free-putlocke...
http://www.movstation.com/american-sniper-2015-putlocker

when i click inspect element i can see the fucker thats causing all these ads, called googlesyndication

is there any way to use adblock to actually get rid of this or stop those damn ads opening up in new tabs when i click play on the video, or click pause/stop. it's really fucking annoying and it seems like its the only damn ads adblock can't block.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Neelfyn on 10 Feb, 2015 10:22 AM

Hi James,

Can you please:

1. Go to AdBlock button -> Options -> SUPPORT -> "Have our team requested some debug info?" and paste it into this discussion.
    2. Attach a screenshot with the ad clearly marked?
  2. 2 Posted by Marc Bernstein on 07 May, 2015 09:56 PM

I am so sick and tired of Google Chrome's ads on youtube and all over the internet! Come on,enough is enough!
    Stop putting all of your ads on every youtube video!

3. 3 Posted by Paul Jacobs on 08 May, 2015 12:05 PM

I have a problem with Similar items shopper/ superfish.com AdBlock blocks them ,but they pop up again as soon as the page changes! Any ideas how to eliminate??

4. 4 Posted by Douglas Martyn on 10 May, 2015 12:41 PM

Lets organise a one day or one week protest accross the whole Internet where we all agree to use alternative search engines for the day or the week and show google our displeasure. Along side that email every ad that appears and advise the company if they persist in this obtrusive type of advertising you will stop buying their goods or services.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Neelfyn on 11 May, 2015 04:50 PM

Paul: the ads you're seeing are probably caused by malware on your computer. Please see the following Knowledge Base articles for help: I have malware on my computer! and I'm seeing similar ads on every website!

Everyone else: if you are experiencing a specific problem, please create a separate discussion.

6. Neelfyn closed this discussion on 11 May, 2015 04:50 PM.

7. Paul JACOBS re-opened this discussion on 11 May, 2015 07:07 PM

8. 6 Posted by Paul JACOBS on 11 May, 2015 07:07 PM

Many thanks, removed all extensions except Ad Block as instructed and then
    added back till I found the culprit!!

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Neelfyn on 12 May, 2015 12:56 PM

You're very welcome, Paul!

10. Neelfyn closed this discussion on 12 May, 2015 12:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac