This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Adblock for Firefox no longer avalable?

Nick

05 Dec, 2015 10:44 PM

I am trying to download a copy of AdBlock for Firefox but it seems like I am unable to do so, your website no longer features a download button and I do not think it is safe to try and find the .xpi from elsewhere on the web. Have you removed support for Firefox?

P.S. I am using Firefox Nightly and I am aware of the new Firefox signed addons requirement, but this can be overridden by me in Nightly :) Perhaps you removed Adblock to prevent average users from getting confused, until you get a version posted on AMO? If so, I would appreciate if you could give users like me a way to sideload AdBlock in the meantime.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 08 Dec, 2015 04:53 PM

Hi Nick,

AdBlock for Firefox is being retired. To clarify, AdBlock for Firefox on desktop and Android is still available for download, and we’re happy to give you a hand using it. We’re just no longer developing new versions. Instead, we encourage our Firefox fans to switch to Adblock Plus (ABP). We’d be the first to admit (okay, maybe not the first) that ABP's extension for Firefox is perfectly acceptable.

Please see our Knowledge Base article for details and instructions for installing AdBlock for Firefox (desktop only): Why did AdBlock stop supporting Firefox?

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. Rhana closed this discussion on 08 Dec, 2015 04:53 PM.

3. Nick Thweatt re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2015 05:36 PM

4. 2 Posted by Nick Thweatt on 10 Dec, 2015 05:36 PM

Rhana,

Thanks for your reply. I am disappointed to learn that your organization are discontinuing support for Firefox, considering that it's still a major web browser.

On a side note, do you foresee ABP adopting EFF's new DNT standard just like you guys did with Adblock? That move is what led me to chose Adblock in the first place. Hopefully others will follow suit.

Thanks again for your help and for your recommendation.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 15 Dec, 2015 08:03 PM

Hi Nick,

I wish I could say that ABP will be adopting the DNT standard. We certainly encourage them to do so. However, it's a bit like Microsoft urging Google to do something it may or may not want to do. :)

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

6. Rhana closed this discussion on 15 Dec, 2015 08:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac