This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Chrome store/ adblock site has no download option?!?

Anna

12 Dec, 2015 03:29 PM

I am having exactly the same issue outlined in a previous users post, http://support.getadblock.com/discussions/problems/82930-i-cant-dow...
I can find loads of great reviews of adblock and NO WAY to download it. I have just now DLd chrome onto my android, have gone to adblock homepage, see a link "to DL to your desktop, send yourself a reminder"- strange but did it, email link provided leads directly back to same page, link to blue button you sent previous user leads back to same page, I'm wondering if I'm being stupid or if you or chrome don't actually want people to have it?? Please help me out!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 15 Dec, 2015 09:07 PM

Hi Anna,

Please clarify, are you trying to install AdBlock in Chrome on your Android phone? There is no version of AdBlock that runs in any web browser on an Android device. It's not our choice; Android just doesn't allow it.

When you visit https://getadblock.com on your phone and click the GET ADBLOCK NOW button, Chrome takes you to the Chrome Web Store, where you see the message "To download to your desktop, send yourself a reminder." This message is intended to encourage folks to use AdBlock on their desktop computers. I apologize for the confusion! I'll see if we can reword that to keep this from happening to anyone else.

Adblock Plus (ABP), an unrelated product developed by a different company, does run in both Chrome and Firefox on Android. You can find ABP in the Chrome Web Store.

I hope this helps clear things up!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. Rhana closed this discussion on 15 Dec, 2015 09:07 PM.

3. Anna Laura re-opened this discussion on 27 Dec, 2015 02:32 AM

4. 2 Posted by Anna Laura on 27 Dec, 2015 02:32 AM

Many thanks for taking the time to reply Rhana,
    In my mind desktop means the main screen of a PC, so I didn't make that
    connection. The fault lies with me, and with Android! Hoping they accept
    your product sometime soon.
    Thanks again,
    Anna

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 28 Dec, 2015 04:04 AM

Hi Anna,

You're quite welcome! Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's any way we can assist in the future. :)

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

6. Rhana closed this discussion on 28 Dec, 2015 04:04 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac