This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Ad Blocker

Graham

23 Dec, 2015 06:25 AM

I have tried downloading your product and overtime I try to install on safari it says "problem occurred during installation" its been like that for months on end whats with that??????

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 23 Dec, 2015 02:59 PM

Hi Graham,

We're sorry you're running into trouble installing AdBlock! Please follow the instructions in this Knowledge Base article and let us know if it helps: AdBlock is constantly being uninstalled or reset in Safari. Please note, the article refers to being unable to update AdBlock in Safari, but it should help with installing it as well.

Let us know if you're still having trouble!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. 2 Posted by Graham MacKenzi... on 28 Dec, 2015 01:12 AM

It doesnt work at all nothing does its ridiculous thats what i get all the time no matter what i try

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 28 Dec, 2015 02:41 AM

Hi Graham,

Someone else last year found this suggestion worked for him. Would you mind trying it and let us know if it helps?

Does it change anything if you manually remove AdBlock.safariextz from ~/Library/Safari/Extensions?

Rhana

4. 4 Posted by Graham MacKenzi... on 28 Dec, 2015 03:44 AM

I have no safari externsions installed at all it just does not work and comes up with an error everytime, works on chrome but I dont like using chrome and prefer safari

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Rhana on 30 Dec, 2015 08:04 PM

Hi Graham,

The suggestion I gave you may help even if you don't have any other extensions installed in Safari. If you tried to install AdBlock at any time, Safari may have gotten "stuck" and failed to delete an installation file after the installation failed. Removing that "zombie" file may allow Safari to install AdBlock properly.

Here's how to get to your Library folder:
    1. Click the desktop to make sure you're in the Finder.
    2 Hold down the Option key, then choose Go > Library.
    3. Open the Safari folder, then the Extensions folder.
    4. Delete the file AdBlock.safariextz.

Then try to install AdBlock again and let us know what happens.

Rhana

6. 6 Posted by Graham MacKenzi... on 30 Dec, 2015 08:13 PM

There is no file ad block.safariextz as I have never been able to install it due the problem I have been emailing you abaout

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Rhana on 31 Dec, 2015 06:18 PM

Hi Graham,

Thanks for trying that. I'll ask our developers if they have any suggestions for you. I will post back here when I have more information. Please allow a little extra time for a response because of the holidays.

Rhana

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac