This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Can't type into game

Peter

29 Dec, 2015 01:56 AM

When AdBlock is running, I can't type into a word game at https://www.seniorsonline.vic.gov.au/services-information/games/cod.... The problem is merely inconvenient even though unexpected, since the game works in every other way. I found that pausing makes the problem go away without affecting the game. Pausing is not the best answer because I forget to unpause. But 'not running' AdBlock on this domain/page prevented the game loading - this may have been a coincidence but it has occurred twice.
Apart from pausing and not running, I have made no changes to any settings.
Is something broken?

1. 1 Posted by Peter on 29 Dec, 2015 02:04 AM

Well,
    After stopping and starting AdBlock a few more times, the behaviour has stopped. No obvious reason why.

Peter

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Rhana on 30 Dec, 2015 11:32 PM

Hi Peter,

Quite often, a bug in a recent filter list update can cause a website not to work properly. Then, when the bug is discovered and an update is released to fix it, the site works again for no apparent reason. It's maaaaagic. :)

Glad all is well again! Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's any assistance we can provide in the future.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

3. Rhana closed this discussion on 30 Dec, 2015 11:32 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac