This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Total blocking - no surfing

yxyydbhgvlha

30 Dec, 2015 06:34 PM

Hi,
I've installed adblock on my firefox browser, played a bit with its configuration and ended up losing all surfing capabilities.
Whatever address I type, I get an identical response:

"BlockSite The website' or elements thereof are, on the BlockSite blacklist, (or not on the .whitelist) and have not been loaded."

I tried to solve the problem but eventually uninstalled the addon.

The result seems problematic. On the one hand, I can't surf, and on the other hand, I can reinstall AdBlock!!

How to I get out of this catch?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 31 Dec, 2015 06:14 PM

Hi yxyydbhgvlha,

I think there may be a couple of different issues here. Whatever "BlockSite" is, it isn't AdBlock. It's possible you have another extension installed in Firefox that is causing those errors.

The reason you can't reinstall AdBlock in Firefox is that Mozilla has disallowed unsigned add-ons. Due to circumstances beyond our control, AdBlock is an unsigned add-on, no longer available in the Mozilla Add-ons Store. AdBlock recently ended support for Firefox entirely. We are recommending that users switch to Adblock Plus (ABP), our friendly rival. :)

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. Rhana closed this discussion on 31 Dec, 2015 06:14 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac