This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Hanging pages.

David

14 Jan, 2016 01:39 PM

I have problems with pages hanging and delays in loading content. I have removed Adblock and resolved the issue. Why does Adblock cause this problem?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 14 Jan, 2016 06:21 PM

Hi David,

AdBlock should definitely not be causing pages to hang or load slowly. Quite the opposite, in fact, unless you were subscribed to a LOT of filter lists (say, more than 10).

If you have uninstalled AdBlock, there isn't a way to tell what might have been going on. Would you be willing to install it again and see if the problem is still there? If so, we can get some debugging information and start tracking down the underlying issue.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. 2 Posted by dt on 15 Jan, 2016 01:26 PM

Hi Rhana,

I have deleted all the filters I had on my Gmail and re-installed Adblock.
    I will monitor the situation.
    Thankyou very much for your help; it would seem that it was the number of
    filters which was causing the problem.
    I just don't like spam even appearing but it looks like I will have to learn to
    tolerate it taking up space until it gets automatically deleted after thirty
    days.

Thanks again,
    Kind regards,
    David.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 16 Jan, 2016 02:53 AM

Hi David,

You don't have to wait for Gmail to clear out your junk folder. I hate having anything in mine, so every day or so I just select all the junk mail and delete it en masse. :)

When you say you cleared out all the filters you had on Gmail, are you referring to your mail filtering rules? I ask because mail filters should neither noticeably slow page loading nor change page behavior in any way when you uninstall AdBlock. If you're referring to custom filters you created in AdBlock, however, then getting rid of them could indeed make a difference if you had a lot.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac