This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

not able to youtube! was working good then "add block plus" came on without me knowing. I exit it and now youtube not workng

Mark Mclean

16 Jan, 2016 01:02 AM

English only!

Please answer the following questions so that we can process your bug report, otherwise, we may have to ignore it.
Also, please put your name, or a screen name, and your email above so that we can contact you if needed.
If you don't want your report to be made public, check that box, too.

Can you provide detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem?
was ok. really liked it 1. "add plus icon" showed up...??
2. I uninstalled it.

1. youtube not coming on screen. only odd stuff of yutube

What should happen when you do the above steps

What actually happened?

Do you have any other comments? If you can, can you please attach a screenshot of the bug?

--- The questions below are optional but VERY helpful. ---

If unchecking all filter lists fixes the problem, which one filterlist must you check to cause the problem again after another restart?

Technical Chrome users: Go to chrome://extensions ->Developer Mode -> Inspect views: background page -> Console. Paste the contents here: storage.js:22 Storage: use chromeStorage
storage.js:12 Storage: test -> start
background.js:69 run script ClipConverter @ https://www.youtube.com/
storage.js:12 Storage: test -> set after 3168ms
storage.js:13 Storage: test -> get after 4992ms
storage.js:13 Storage: test -> remove after 5189ms
background.js:70 update: check for script updates @ 2e3c82b1-c387-4984-844b-0c305e59ba80
https://blacklist.tampermonkey.net/get.php?version=get Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE
4background.js:69 run script ClipConverter @ https://www.youtube.com/

====== Do not touch below this line ======

==== Filter Lists ====  
adblock_custom  
  last updated: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 23:23:37 GMT  
easylist  
  last updated: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:55:18 GMT  
malware  
  last updated: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 18:27:44 GMT  
acceptable_ads  
  last updated: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 11:10:11 GMT  

==== Custom Filters ====  

@@||mp3cut.net/$document
@@||audio-joiner.com/$document
@@|http://www.clipconverter.cc/convert/1hXrn-XX/|$document  

==== Settings ====  
debug_logging: false
youtube_channel_whitelist: false
whitelist_hulu_ads: false
show_context_menu_items: true
show_advanced_options: false
display_stats: true
display_menu_stats: true
show_block_counts_help_link: true
dropbox_sync: false
show_survey: true
malware-notification: undefined

==== Other info: ====  
AdBlock version number: 2.46 Stable  
Total pings: 15  
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11 Linux i686) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.106 Safari/537.36
  1. 1 Posted by Mark McLean on 16 Jan, 2016 01:55 AM

I also have a 2nd computer, it is lynit to this one, the second one is still working fine!? ThanksI just tried again, it is still not opening youtube.

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 8:03 PM
     Subject: AdBlock | Your support request (in problems)

| Hello Mark Mclean! Thanks for creating the discussion at AdBlock called not able to youtube! was working good then "add block plus" came on without me knowing. I exit it and now youtube not workng. We do not currently offer live chat support, but our support team is here to help seven days a week, and we make every effort to reply as quickly as possible. While you are waiting, you might review these resources for helpful information:
       - Ads are showing in videos and Flash games in Safari
       - YouTube playlist shuffle isn't working
       - YouTube, Pandora, and Spotify ads aren't being blocked in Chrome
     We'll send an email to you at [email blocked] when we update your support request. Make sure to reply using that same email address. Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation online. Even though this is an automated email, you can reply to it if you missed something off of your original discussion text. Do so at the top of the email, not the bottom. The AdBlock Support Team |

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Rhana on 16 Jan, 2016 02:23 AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your report! An issue with the Malware Protection filter list caused YouTube to flake out today.

The folks who maintain the list quickly corrected the problem and released an update. To get it, just refresh your filter lists:

1. Click the AdBlock button and select Options.
    2. On the FILTER LISTS tab, click update now.

If this doesn't help, please let us know! Just reply to this email to reopen the discussion.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

3. Rhana closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2016 02:23 AM.

4. Mark McLean re-opened this discussion on 16 Jan, 2016 12:43 PM

5. 3 Posted by Mark McLean on 16 Jan, 2016 12:43 PM

It now works! Thanks a lot. Have and will support you in such a fine piece of work!

Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 9:23 PM
     Subject: Re: not able to youtube! was working good then "add block plus" came on without me knowing. I exit it and now youtube not workng [Problems #93614]

#yiv1502622569 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1502622569 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

6. 4 Posted by Mark McLean on 16 Jan, 2016 12:47 PM

Should I allow "add block plus" to run? Is that part of your company? I have it off now, thinking it was the problem.

Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 9:23 PM
     Subject: Re: not able to youtube! was working good then "add block plus" came on without me knowing. I exit it and now youtube not workng [Problems #93614]

#yiv1502622569 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1502622569 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Rhana on 16 Jan, 2016 05:34 PM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your support!

Adblock Plus (ABP) is an unrelated product developed by a different company. You really only need one ad blocker. Other than slightly slowing down your page loading because of the duplicate filters, there's no harm in having both ABP and AdBlock running.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

8. Rhana closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2016 05:34 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac