This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

AdBlock and YouTube

Tyler

22 Jan, 2016 08:54 PM

AdBlock does not appear to be working with YouTube on Firefox (Latest Version: 43.0.4). My system is Windows 7 - Professional (64bit).

YouTube videos work fine when AdBlock is disabled, but if it's enabled I get a few different issues; the majority are as follows... Video shows a large thumbnail and a play button in the middle but will not buffer or start playing, then it will eventually automatically start playing and buffer I believe this is after the ad that would have played is finished (although I never see the ad play). If I click the play button or attempt to pick a different spot to play the video will act like it's trying to buffer but will not actually load or play. Sometimes, the video will start to play but have very slow to no buffering and only audio is working, no video.

I opened up the AdBlock filter Subscriptions, and have traced the issue down to the entry "=adunit&" under the 'EasyList' subscription. There could be other entries that cause an issue over time, but in the 10-15 minute testing window, this appears to be the only entry causing an issue for me at the moment.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 23 Jan, 2016 04:29 AM

Hi Tyler,

Good detective work! We don't maintain the filter lists. Please report this to the folks who do. You can find the contact info in our Knowledge Base.

You'll need to click the New Topic button on the Report incorrectly removed content page.

Thanks, and good luck! Please let us know if you don't hear back from them within a few days.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. 2 Posted by Tyler Leitzke on 23 Jan, 2016 04:42 AM

Although you don't maintain the filter list, it still appears to be an issue with AdBlock...
    If I leave the specific entry (=adunit&) enabled as it is by default, i run into the stated issue.
    However, if I disable that entry I do not run into the issue but the ad plays and is not blocked. Therefore, this is still an issue with AdBlock correct?
    Thanks,Tyler

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:29 PM
     Subject: Re: AdBlock and YouTube [Problems #93903]

#yiv6424973182 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv6424973182 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 23 Jan, 2016 04:56 AM

Hi Tyler,

I'll pass this to our developer and see what he says. If it is an issue with AdBlock specifically, he may have some suggestions.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac