This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Adblock plus Network_Failed error

Uma

25 Jan, 2016 04:32 PM

Hi,

I have run antivirus scans, uninstalled and re installed Chrome (about 3 times). I still haven't managed to install Adblock. Please help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 25 Jan, 2016 04:42 PM

Hi Uma,

This error can happen when installing any extensions in Chrome, and isn't an issue specifically with AdBlock. Although you've scanned your computer with an antivirus, Google believes the issue is caused by malware. Have you tried running Malwarebytes.org's Anti-Malware Free? We're not affiliated with them; we've just noticed that their software picks up malware that other programs miss.

If Anti-Malware Free doesn't find anything, please see this page for more suggestions: [Chrome] NETWORK_FAILED on install.

Let us know how it goes!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. 2 Posted by Uma Athale on 25 Jan, 2016 06:05 PM

Hi Rhana,

I have used malwarebytes but to no effect. It still will not let me install
    any extensions.

Uma

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 25 Jan, 2016 07:29 PM

Hi Uma,

Since this issue isn't specifically with AdBlock, there's very little we can do other than to point you to the Google Help post we refer to in our Knowledge Base article. I can suggest some basic Chrome troubleshooting, however. Perform each step in order, restarting Chrome after each. Only move to the next step if the problem is still happening.

1. Look for and uninstall unfamiliar extensions
    2. Clear your browser cache.
    3. Recreate your Chrome profile.
    4. Reset Chrome's settings.
    5. Remove software that affects Chrome.
    6. Uninstall Chrome. Be sure to select Also delete your browsing data. Then reinstall Chrome and reinstall AdBlock from our website.

Please let us know if which step, if any, helps!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac