This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Adblock is activated when opening a browser by default - can you change this?

Christopher

25 Sep, 2014 04:22 PM

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to say that I really like Adblock. However, I do have some ethical concerns regarding its use as it poses a threat to internet-based companies in some ways. This is obviously a personal choice.
I only use Adblock on certain websites (websites that go over the top with it and slow my computer down with pop-ups, etc).

Is there a way that I can make Adblock "pause" by default when open Chrome, thus allowing me to only use it when I select to do so?

Thanks for your time! :)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Neelfyn on 27 Sep, 2014 08:29 PM

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the feedback!

One of AdBlock's features might do something fairly similar to what you'd like: if you go to AdBlock button > Options > Customize, you should see "Show ads everywhere except for these domains…"

Using this feature will change AdBlock from working on a whitelist-based system to a blacklist one. This means that AdBlock will be disabled on all websites, and you'll be able to add websites on which ads should be blocked through this text box.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac