This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

"Featured Deals" Issue

Dave Lee

27 Oct, 2014 11:51 PM

Recently my Chrome browser got overwhelmed with various adware issues. I installed (and made a donation to) Adblock and this was mostly successful.

However I am still fighting the "Featured Deals" popup when I visit pretty much any major online retailing website (Walmart, Target, etc). Is there an Adblock (or other) solution here? This does NOT show up as an extension (managed or otherwise) in my browser of choice (Chrome).

My next step is to change to a more obscure browser, but I would prefer not to have to do that. BTW, this issue does not show up on IE or Opera (browsers that I rarely use).

Thanks.

dave

1. 1 Posted by Jérémy on 30 Oct, 2014 09:18 AM

Hello Dave Lee,

Can you please attach a screenshot with the ads clearly marked?

Kind Regards,
    Jérémy K

2. 2 Posted by Dave Lee on 30 Oct, 2014 10:39 AM

This particular popup was pretty consistent across a wide range of mostly retailing sites (Walmart, Target, etc). I did some simple cleanup a few days ago by removing 3 or 4 'where did that come from' programs via Win7 Uninstall. I no longer encounter this issue.

I am about 90% sure that this was due to something called the 'LTCM Client' and that it was a 'gift' from the recent install of an Epson printer.

Wish I could be of more help.

dave

3. 3 Posted by Dave Lee on 30 Oct, 2014 10:45 AM

I should have added that at this same time I also removed some kind of Yontoo program that was installed.

dave

4. 4 Posted by Jérémy on 30 Oct, 2014 12:20 PM

Hello Dave,

We're glad to read that your issue is solved. Yontoo is a malware program so this explains why your issue is solved now. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other issues/questions.

Kind Regards,
    Jérémy K

5. Jérémy closed this discussion on 30 Oct, 2014 12:20 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac