This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

What Information Does AdBlock Capture about Me?

Chris Barr

20 Nov, 2014 03:10 PM

When I downloaded AdBlock, I was shown a message saying that this extension could alter and access all information that I enter on Web sites.

Given the fact that I use chrome for all of my banking and credit as well as Youtube/social media, I was a bit alarmed.

How am I sure that AdBlock is not collecting my user names, passwords, and other financial information?

Thanks for any insights.
Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Neelfyn on 20 Nov, 2014 04:47 PM

Hi Chris,

Chrome requires us to show this message in order for AdBlock to have access to all the tabs in your browser. In other words, without having access to your open tabs, and thus the sites you visit, AdBlock would simply not be able to block the ads on them.

AdBlock does not collect any data about your personal browsing habits other than what is required to make it work.

You can find our full privacy policy at getadblock.com/privacy, and the source code of AdBlock is also available for everyone to inspect at code.getadblock.com.

2. 2 Posted by Christopher Bar... on 20 Nov, 2014 04:59 PM

Awesome, thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Neelfyn on 20 Nov, 2014 05:14 PM

You're very welcome! Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any more questions or problems.

4. Neelfyn closed this discussion on 20 Nov, 2014 05:14 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac