This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

How do I add a filter exception?

jeffmc2012-adblock

30 Nov, 2014 11:02 PM

I've noticed that on thepiratebay.se, the "EasyList" filter hides certain elements that are actually useful, such as removing the hyperlinks to the uploader name and for adding a comment. Could you write me an exception line that I can add to the "Manually edit your filters" section of Adblock that specifically disables the EasyList filter ONLY on thepiratebay.se domain? Also, if it's not too much to ask, could you write another line that applies the "EasyList without element hiding rules" (https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist_noelemhide.txt) filter ONLY to thepiratebay.se? Thanks in advance :)
P.S.: I don't want to simply whitelist thepiratebay.se, because than I would still see ads on it. I would rather, SOLELY for thepiratebay.se domain, replace the "EasyList" filter (which works great on all other sites) with the "EasyList without element hiding rules" (which blocks ads on thepiratebay.se AND does not remove useful functionality, but is somewhat lacking on all other sites).

1. 1 Posted by Kieran on 01 Dec, 2014 08:08 PM

If you enable Advanced options in AdBlock button -> Options -> GENERAL a new option shows in the AdBlock menu: "Show the resource list". You can use this page to disable a specific filter.

You can just hit the checkbox next to the URL of the file you want to unblock, and it will be unblocked.

You can also contact EasyList at http://forums.lanik.us so that this gets fixed for everyone!

Let s know how it goes!

2. 2 Posted by jeffmc2012-adbl... on 02 Dec, 2014 01:38 AM

I don't see a "Show the resource list" option. :P What am I doing wrong?

3. 3 Posted by Jérémy on 16 Dec, 2014 10:15 PM

Hello,

The 'Show the resource list' is located in the pop-up menu of the AdBlock Icon. (Click on the AdBlock icon to see this pop-up menu)

Kind Regards,
    Jérémy K
    Happy Holidays!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac