This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

stubborn adds

Virginia Mathews

20 Mar, 2015 12:56 AM

Hi there,
I am a pretty savvy computer user for a 72 year old. I started in 1978 with my first which was an 80/86 IBM Clone, dual floppy, DOS. We truly have come a long way. However, this last batch of popup adds that just started on my ebay page are driving me nuts. They actually go all the way across the top, down the right side and across the bottom. I cannot even read the results of my ebay searches. So I just purchased your block program. I am sorry I could not afford much because I am single and living on my SS but I paid what I could, as you asked. Well, the add at the top seems to be gone but the other two are still there. They both offer ways to "uninstall" or "opt out" but both the instructions and the procedures are bogus.

However, I am impressed by your story and what you have done thus far. Therefore, I am hoping I can help you get these "bad guys" once and for all. I don't know exactly what you need but I have attached three screen shots to get started. Let me know if I can do anything else to help. Oh, I went around and around your site trying to find a way to email you but failed. Also, note that one file I sent came up on my screen while I was following some of your instructions to block adds on the page. (see name of file) I followed those instructions 3 x and each time both the side & the bottom add came back right after the page refreshed.

Hopefully, you will be able to update the install I just got. Good luck...

Kind regards,
Virginia Mathews

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Neelfyn on 20 Mar, 2015 11:01 PM

Hi Virginia,

The ad on your screenshot is probably caused by malware on your computer. Can you try following the instructions on the Knowledge Base article below, and let us know if it makes any difference?

I'm seeing similar ads on every website!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac