This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

AdBlock Not Downloading

Sande Knight

10 Jul, 2015 04:22 AM

Constantly receiving an error message when I attempt to download AdBlock on Mozilla Firefox. Message reads: "The add-on cannot be downloaded because of a connection failure on getadblock.com." However, downloading works on Google Chrome. I paid for this. Why doesn't it work?

AdBlock Plus worked perfectly before and it is free. Now I receive the same error message from that program as well on Firefox.

1. 1 Posted by Kieran on 11 Jul, 2015 09:04 PM

This is strange. I'll check with our team why this might be happening and I'll get back to you.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Rhana on 14 Jul, 2015 05:06 PM

Hi Sande,

This is a known issue with Firefox. Often if you keep trying, it will spontaneously fix itself. Otherwise, there are a couple of workarounds, one of which should work for you.

First, are you using an antivirus program such as Avast? If so, please disable it temporarily and try installing AdBlock again from https://getadblock.com.

If disabling your antivirus doesn't work or you don't have one (insert standard antivirus lecture here :), please try downloading the extension and opening it directly in Firefox. I found a pretty nice video on YouTube that walks you through how to do this. It also provides a third workaround if the first two don't work.

Please let us know how it goes!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac