This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Is AdBlock enough?

Jose

20 Aug, 2015 11:53 AM

Hello,

I love AdBlock and I want to donate for your work but my budget is not that big and I'm worried I might need to pay for another product to keep my identity/tracking safe.

I know adblock does only cover me in the browsers I've got it installed, it's enough to keep me surfing free (on the browser) withouth having to have also a disconnect/ghostery/AVG/whatever subscription? I would rather pay you for it than them!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 20 Aug, 2015 07:10 PM

Hi Jose,

We appreciate the sentiment and glad you like AdBlock! Although AdBlock does offer some malware protection, it's only an extra level of security.You really do need a separate antivirus program as well.

There are some good ones that are free. PC Magazine recently compared several free antivirus programs side-by-side. Choose your favorite! We also recommend installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. We're not affiliated with them in any way. Their software just seems to catch malware that others miss.

Hope this helps!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. Rhana closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2015 07:10 PM.

3. Johnny Dement re-opened this discussion on 20 Aug, 2015 08:02 PM

4. 2 Posted by Johnny Dement on 20 Aug, 2015 08:02 PM

No, I was not referring to antivirus, I'm safe on that ;) I was thinking
    about anti theft/tracking services as disconnect or ghostery.

5. 3 Posted by Kieran on 21 Aug, 2015 04:36 PM

You can enable EasyPrivacy from AdBlock button -> Options -> FILTER LISTS, which will protect you from some tracking scripts, similar to Disconnect and Ghostery.

6. Kieran closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2015 04:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac