This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Display list of ads blocked on site / matching filter lines?

Braden McGrath

28 Aug, 2015 09:25 PM

AdBlock team,

I have at least one site where I'm a paying subscriber and this entitles me to not see ads on the site when logged in. However, I'm receiving at least one or two "blocked ads" (per the number on the toolbar icon) at this site. I can obviously whitelist the site, but I'm curious about what is getting "caught" in this instance.

Is there some way to display the filterlist hits / line items that are being triggered for a given page load? Ideally, it would be nice to show the hit along with some sort of visible rectangle that would display where in the page layout the ad was supposed to be (if it had not been blocked).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 28 Aug, 2015 11:34 PM

Hi Braden,

We're working on a page that would show blocked and hidden resources, which is exactly what you're looking for. In the meantime, you can compare the page with and without AdBlock running and see what's not there.

If there's no visible difference, since you're a site subscriber and shouldn't be seeing any ads, it's likely that the blocked item count on the AdBlock button is picking up page analytics or a similar resource, rather than ads.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac