This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

blocked ads keep returning on eBay home page

Yum

06 Oct, 2015 08:17 AM

I can use adblock to block all the ads on the eBay.com.au home page with the following...

And it works for a little while then they all come back!? even though the same argument works.

1. 1 Posted by Yum on 06 Oct, 2015 08:20 AM

I see the code I posted didn't show up so I will post a screenshot of two codes that worked but only for a little while.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Rhana on 06 Oct, 2015 03:28 PM

Hi Yum,

Can you please attach a screenshot with the ad(s) clearly marked? Please be sure to capture the entire browser window.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

3. 3 Posted by Yum on 07 Oct, 2015 10:43 PM

Thanks for the replay, here you go. I can block them all, but they reappear even though the same code blocks them. Thanks

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Rhana on 12 Oct, 2015 05:21 PM

Hi Yum,

Can you please:

1. Click the AdBlock button and select Options, then click SUPPORT. Next to "Have our team requested some debug info?" click here. Paste the text from the box into this discussion.
    2. Click the FILTER LISTS tab and then click update now. Does that change anything?
    3. If the problem persists, uncheck all the lists on the filter lists page and reload the page where you’re seeing the problem. Does that change anything?
    4. If unchecking all the filter lists fixes the problem, re-enable the lists one by one, reloading the page where you’re seeing the problem after each. (Make sure to wait for AdBlock to fetch the list before reloading the page.) Which list causes the problem to happen again?
    5. If unchecking all the filter lists did not fix the problem, try the same thing with your browser extensions: Disable all of them, then re-enable the extensions one by one, reloading the problem page after each. Which extension causes the problem to happen again?

Rhana

5. 5 Posted by yum on 13 Oct, 2015 01:03 AM

Hi, OK thanks, I went through all that and it turns out that it was the 'Acceptable Ads' checkbox that was over riding the elements that I manually blocked. Thanks. It seems that the Acceptable Ads, should not over ride manually applied rules, because that does not make sense.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Rhana on 15 Oct, 2015 01:44 AM

Hi Yum,

The Acceptable Ads filter list is mostly whitelisting, which takes precedence over blacklisting. That's why your blocking rules are being overridden by the Acceptable Ads filters.

You could create exclude filters (an advanced feature in AdBlock's options); however, you would need to go through the Acceptable Ads list to determine exactly which filters to exclude. This may be more trouble than you want to undertake, but you're welcome to have a go!

Rhana

7. Rhana closed this discussion on 15 Oct, 2015 01:44 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac