This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Ad block has scrambled all links to email and web pages

Barb

15 Oct, 2015 07:33 PM

I cannot figure out how ad block suddenly appeared in my tool bar. At the same time I found that trying to acces any web address thru google chrome caused a hazed undesipherable page to appear, whether it's Amazon .com or a Google search or opening a link on my emails.

I uninstalled ad block from my tool bar and the problem has persisted.....Help....this is only when I try to use my apmac book air
Through my router, modem and Bluetooth connection. Using my Mack book air several or my iPad on Bluetooth does not cause the problem. Help, cannot work due to this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 16 Oct, 2015 10:01 PM

Hi Barb,

We've found that often well-meaning family members or friends install AdBlock on someone's computer and then forget to tell them. I think the issue you're running into is not related specifically to AdBlock, especially since it's continuing to happen after you removed AdBlock from your browser.

Can you please attach a screenshot that shows what you're seeing? Please be sure to capture the entire browser window.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. 2 Posted by Barbara Schwank... on 19 Oct, 2015 05:20 PM

Here is a screen shot of what is happening since I found ad block on my monitor.
    It is a set up of an Apple Mac air through a junction box to my monitor.

This screen picture does not appear on the Mac screen when disconnected from the monitor.....but it does appear on the large screen when I connect it to my Mac air.....thus preventing me from all work with pictures.........news sites to Amazon .
    Email seems to function fine.

can you lease help? I think ad block was inadvertently installed......I removed it from my tool bar so it does not appear......but it must be still interfacing with my laptop to monitor connection in some way ....thus my office work is at a stand still
    You may phone me at 650 321 8183
    Barbara S
    * Please pardon spelling, "i-thumbs, typing on an i-something"

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 22 Oct, 2015 08:31 PM

Hi Barbara,

What you're seeing really isn't related to AdBlock. It looks like either a hardware error or an issue with your Mac's operating system. For this, you'll need to contact Apple Support (https://www.apple.com/support/contact/).

Good luck! :)

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

4. Rhana closed this discussion on 22 Oct, 2015 08:31 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac