This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Changing the language to english

steven

16 Oct, 2015 02:36 PM

So, I have my browser in swedish but I want the app itself(adblock) to be in english. I can't seem to find a way to change it in the options.

Is there a way?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rhana on 16 Oct, 2015 09:06 PM

Hi Steven,

AdBlock takes its interface language from the language set in your browser. Setting AdBlock's language independently is something that has been requested in the past, and we are looking into it. For now, you can delete the Swedish translation from AdBlock if you'd like it to use English without changing your browser's language.

The following folder contains all of your installed Chrome extensions:

C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

AdBlock will be in the subfolder that's named the same as the extension ID in chrome://extensions (gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom). The version number should start with 2.42. Once you've found it, go into the _locales folder, and delete the folder called sv.

Please let us know if you run into trouble!

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

2. 2 Posted by steven on 16 Oct, 2015 10:44 PM

Ah, that worked! Thanks a lot!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rhana on 22 Oct, 2015 09:16 PM

Hi Steven,

Glad we could help! Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's any way we can assist in the future.

Rhana
    AdBlock Community Manager

4. Rhana closed this discussion on 22 Oct, 2015 09:16 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac