This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Youtube Filter Comments

Harvey

27 Apr, 2014 12:50 AM

Having seen your suggestion on twitter about allowing ads on certain YouTube channels I thought this was a great idea, however I thought I'd add a few suggestions (though I don't know how possible they would each be):
1) The ability to just have your subscriptions show ads (I know you could whitelist each user individually, but might be nice for ease.)
2) An option for not just allowing all ads on that channel, but maybe just show a reduced number instead of none, as the adverts are very intrusive and some of the time they are before and after each video which is ridiculous and it's very rare for a video not to have at least one.
3) Have an option to only show the little pop-up ads, as they're slightly less intrusive (although of course the little expand button staying there through the whole video is annoying as anything!)

Thanks for your time, keep up the great work!

1. 1 Posted by Kieran on 03 Jul, 2014 08:30 PM

Sorry for the late reply, your discussion must have fallen to the bottom of our queue.

OK. I've passed this on to our developers and they may look into it!

If you have any experience in making Chrome extensions in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and jQuery, please take a look at http://code.getadblock.com and send us a patch as an attachment! Our code is licensed under the GNU GPLv3.

2. Kieran closed this discussion on 03 Jul, 2014 08:30 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac