This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

YouTube channel whitelisting feature documentation

James Edward Lewis II

17 Jul, 2014 01:28 PM

Somewhere in the documentation (maybe as a tooltip on the options menu), you should make it clear that this feature works by appending the parameter channel=<channel-name> to the query string, refreshing if that parameter is not there, so that it may be added to the URL bar as a hook for whitelisting rules; this has caused me a couple weeks of frustration as every video I would watch on YouTube would load a bit and then refresh before I could play it.

At first I thought it was just some odd new change made to YouTube itself, but the channel URL parameter never showed up in the lists I could find on the Web, and then i decided to investigate YouTube Center's options, but when I looked through the network traffic in the Web Inspector it was clear that it came from AdBlock; for any users reading this, don't enable this "just in case," and instead only enable it if you really need to whitelist specific channels, because it will have a performance cost.

1. 1 Posted by Kieran on 17 Jul, 2014 03:58 PM

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the suggestion!

I've passed this on to our team, and we'll take a look at it.

2. Kieran closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2014 03:58 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac