This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Selectively disable AdBlock while viewing content from predefined Youtube accounts.

Kasper

20 Jul, 2014 08:36 PM

I like to think of myself as a responsible user of AdBlock. I use it to keep add-disturbance to a minimum while I make absolutely sure to disable AdBlock and watch adds on content/sites I find worthwhile and want to support.

Along that line of usage I have found myself looking for a way to disable AdBlock while watching videos on Youtube from channels that I subscribe to. Or better yet, just an option to input Youtube/Twitch/whatever channels in a list form and have AdBlock disable itself on those on question.

Given the way AdBlock works, I have no idea whether this is even possible? Currently I just have AdBlock disabled for Youtube altogether.

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on that last part.

Additional ideas along this line? Approval? Disapproval? Let's hear it :)

1. 1 Posted by Kasper on 20 Jul, 2014 08:38 PM

I'm an idiot. Just found that the feature in question is already being added and is currently in Beta.

[Options->Allow whitelisting of specific YouTube channels Beta]

2. 2 Posted by Tomáš on 22 Jul, 2014 06:43 PM

Hi Kasper,

If you enabled Beta option, you can go on any channel you want to whitelist and click on AdBlock icon -> Whitelist this YouTube channel :)

Tomáš

3. Tomáš closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2014 06:43 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac