This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Add option: Pause AdBlock on THIS Page

pvtblk

05 Sep, 2014 07:59 PM

I've been getting pages with images or videos that are absent/not viewable unless I Pause AdBlock. I may not visit the page or domain again. Sometimes I might but I prefer using Don't Run options only when I really want to or need to. So, I want a "Pause AdBlock on This Page" option. The selection and the page shall be forgotten when the tab/window is closed.

Notes:
- Pause Adblock is a global state, if I forget to change it before leaving a particular [page, it's off and I don't realize it and every other page is effected. Not good. - The Don't Run on This Page/Domain is a remembered state for that page/domain and so the selected state and page is retained for a page I might never visit again. There's no obvious way to delete that info and I don't want to have to do it anyways. Not Good.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Neelfyn on 14 Sep, 2014 07:14 PM

Hi pvtblk,

Thanks for the suggestion! Other users have suggested that we have an option to pause AdBlock for a set period of time (e.g. 5 minutes), so this might be another solution to that problem.

In any case, if any websites in particular are broken when AdBlock is enable, please report them to us!

2. 2 Posted by pvtblk on 14 Sep, 2014 09:18 PM

Thanks. I suspect it's the same or similar problem expressed differently. It seems that those other suggestions are looking for a way to "set it and be able to forget it". They don't want AdBlock to be left off because they forgot to reactivate it. That's exactly what motivated me: turning it off for one particular page and forgetting to turn it back on or setting do not run and then closing the tab (so far I've realized it and been able to find the page in browser history so I can return to the default setting.

Thinking about this, it occurs to me that similar feature for a domain might be useful or needed: say I go to site X and open new links to other pages at that site in the same or new tabs? Too complicated for me to figure out! Good thing you have developers to worry about such things.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Neelfyn on 15 Sep, 2014 05:45 PM

Yes, that's exactly it. Thanks! We'll definitely look into that.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac