This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Disconnect

Stephen Kaus

08 Sep, 2014 04:37 PM

I was disturbed by your message this morning about Disconnect. I installed this app some time ago, but about two months ago it started raining unsolicited popups and messages on me. This continued even after I contacted them and asked that it stop. I don't think you should associate with them unless they give an explanation and an apology to users.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Neelfyn on 02 Oct, 2014 10:19 PM

Hi Stephen,

Apologies for the late reply!

We appreciate the feedback, and we're sorry this felt like an intrusion. Disconnect essentially made the app that we would have if we made AdBlock for mobile, and we are proud to support their project.

We can however understand that some users can take any type of information from us as an intrusion, so we will be adding the ability to opt out of future messages from us.

2. Neelfyn closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2014 10:19 PM.

3. Stephen Kaus re-opened this discussion on 02 Oct, 2014 10:49 PM

4. 2 Posted by Stephen Kaus on 02 Oct, 2014 10:49 PM

No. that is not the point. I do not have a problem with receiving a message from you. I am questioning whether an organization dedicated to blocking ads should support an organization that created at least 20 daily annoying pop-ups that took me back about ten years to the bad old days.

Thank you for your response though.

5. Rhana closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2015 04:59 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac