This is AdBlock's old support site. It is available for archival purposes only. To create a new discussion, or to visit the up-to-date knowledge base, please visit help.getadblock.com

Please don't serve me ads, even well-intentioned ones...

David

09 Sep, 2014 02:34 PM

Hi,

I'm torn here. I'm going to criticize something that AdBlock did, but I really like most of what you do. The "really like" far outweighs the "man, I didn't like that," but it's important to tell you.

I just got a pop-up tab that was a moral/business/social advertisement for "Disconnect for Android." I think it got served by AdBlock because of the tab's url (below)

https://getadblock.com//survey/?a=disconnect-mobile&v=heads-up-...

So here's the thing, I agree that walled-garden app-stores are heavy handed and use their ability to restrict apps to protect their business model.

And I spend time working around that.

But I don't want to see ads. That's the whole reason I use AdBlock.

Please don't show them to me, or give me a list I can filter them out with.

1. 1 Posted by Dalton Rowe on 09 Sep, 2014 04:51 PM

I came to second this. I love using AdBlock and am generally very impressed by how this extension/essential piece of the web is managed.

However, this sort of advertisement seems to be lapse in judgement and better suited for an AdBlock blog or similar.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Neelfyn on 02 Oct, 2014 10:19 PM

Hi all,

Apologies for the late reply!

We appreciate the feedback, and we're sorry this felt like an intrusion. Disconnect essentially made the app that we would have if we made AdBlock for mobile, and we are very proud to support their project.

We can however understand that some users can take any type of information from us as an intrusion, so we will be adding the ability to opt out of future messages from us.

Thank you again for the feedback!

3. Neelfyn closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2014 10:19 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AdBlock please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac